Looking a little more Raisin-y than Plump Grape after some intense Summer Days? I certainly notice that my skin does not bounce back the way that it used to. Those pesky signs of ageing start sneaking in while we are blissfully unaware, living life.
It's important that we do the "little things" and do them often if want to maintain gorgeous skin. We can then flaunt it, instead of trying to cover it up. Autumn is a great time to put some of these practices in place - and in Perth we will get the best of summer and winter, so you'll want to be looking your best!
Here are our Top 6 Tips to plump, soft and hydrated skin this Autumn:
1) DRINK PLENTY OF THE CLEAR STUFF. This one is a no-brainer! As it cools, your desire to drink the ol' H2O may decrease, but just because you aren't sweating at the gym, doesn't mean you don't need constant hydration. Our household recently discovered Soda Stream (yes, about 10 years too late) as we enjoy sparkling water with 1-2 drops of pure essential oils like lemon or wild orange in them.
2) DON'T GO CRISPY. Remember your SPF daily to protect your skin. Don't forget to apply to hands as well as they also quickly show signs of ageing. We will get some stunning days of sunshine and deceptive overcast days that can affect your skin, so just turn this one into a daily habit.
3) CLEANSE YOUR SOUL. Ok, not your soul, just make sure you are cleaning off your makeup fully at the end of each day with a quality cleanser that wont strip your skin of it's natural oils.
4) SAY ADIOS TO THE DEAD SKIN CELLS. Exfoliate your skin 1-3 times per week to keep it glowing. Surface build up can leave the skin looking congested, dry and dull. And you don't want that!
5) DRINK IN THE MOISTURE. External factors such as cleaning products, environment and oil glands can determine how dry our skin will be. Low humidity, cool air and dry winds (sounds just like an Autumn combo) will all play a role. Applying either a Body Moisturiser or Dry Body Oil (like Urban's Signature Dry Body Oil) as well as a specific Face & Neck Moisturiser for your skin type will keep the raisin look away.
6) MAINTENANCE. Just like keeping the car running (actually, it's more important than keeping the car running), you should do some maintenance by a trained therapist to get results on another level.
Exfoliating Massages, Mani / Pedicures and the always popular Facial Treatments such as Microdermabrasion will give incredible results.
Urban Retreat Day Spa specialises in the care and maintenance of all body treatments.
We offer Relaxation and Results Driven therapies. Call us today on (08) 9529 3333